Last year we had our inaugural bake sale fundraiser, and it was absolute success. It’s time again to turn bread into bread!
There are TWO dates for this event: the drop-off day, and the sale itself. If you are interested in participating, the drop-off day is the important day for you! That’s: Saturday, October 5.
How it works: The drop-off is at Minion Erika’s House, 22111 Edmunton, SCS mi 48080, from 12pm-4pm. You bring your contribution to the drop-off, and leadership will take it to the bake sale. Easy peasy!
What Should I Bake? Good ideas are:
- Family size desserts, such as whole cakes, pies, tarts, cobblers, etc
- Big fat cookies, brownies, lemon and pecan squares, other sorts of traybakes, etc
- Breakfast pastries like scones, whole coffeecakes, pans of cinnamon rolls, etc.
- Breads: whole loaves, bags of rolls, quickbreads like pumpkin, banana, etc
- Your grandma’s super special something!
What’s not so good an idea?
- Teeny tiny individual things (unless they’re bundled together in a package.)
- Anything that needs refrigeration.
- Cupcakes, rice crispy treats, muffins, cake pops (they just don’t sell for some reason)
- Anything store bought.
Things to Remember
- Include a label or note with your offering of what it’s called.
- Cut traybakes like brownies into large squares (like the size of a nano sticker!) rather than tiny squares.
- You need to bring your offering in/on something, and you won’t get that dish back, so don’t bring your favorite baking pan. Cake circles and disposable paper baking pans are available where baking supplies are sold, or a dollar store plastic plate can look very nice.
I want to help, but I can’t bake!
That’s okay! Maybe someone can help you! Do you have a mom or granny who’s the baker in the family? A brother who went through culinary school you can trade some computer repair for help? A friend or fellow Wrimo that brings the BEST stuff to potlucks? Maybe you can buy the ingredients and learn a valuable skill in the process.
No, seriously, I will poison someone. There will probably be fire.
If you really want to help out, you can bring cash money to the drop zone instead of a baked good. We will be getting some ribbons and packaging and printing thank you notes and info cards, and a little cash will help cover those things.
Can I come to the bake sale?
Sure! The address for the church is: 20475 Sunningdale Park, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236. The sale will be from 9am-1pm on Sunday (the day after the drop-off.) We just have to be sure to be courteous to the parishioners and not disrupt their space. NOTE: If there is an emergency at the church, we will be postponed until the following Sunday, and we will make an announcement.